Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Truth will Set You Free

If there is one thing I have realized and learned over the last few weeks it is that I am not alone in this battle. The more open I become about my struggles with self-identity and integrity, the more other people share the same thing with me. I have heard it in so many different places by so many other people.

I guess that means that we are not so different after all. Yes, every person has their own character, uniqueness, beauty, strengths...we are all needed in this world and we all have a purpose for being where we are and who we are.

However, at the core of every human is the same problem--sin. That sin causes us to be imperfect, and constantly causes problems for ourselves and for others. Even though those who have accepted God's gift to us have been set free from being controlled by the sin nature, the sin nature is still there.

It causes us to go astray often, only to be pulled out again. It also gives Satan a way to get into our lives and try to lie to us and trick us into his deceptions. One of those lies that he LOVES to tell every human on earth is that we don't matter. We aren't beautiful. We can't be ourselves. We live to impress. We have to fight for our place in this world, and fight for our place into Heaven. He tells us that we are guilty, unclean, unworthy and despicable. Well, I'm here to tell you that they are all LIES. LIES that we have all been led to believe our whole lives.

Will you join me now and stop believing the lies? There is a truth from God to counter every single one of those lies. God says we matter, and he died to prove it. He calls us beautiful, and he longs to tell us. God proclaims that we can be ourselves, that he created us just that way. HE declares that we don't have to impress, that he loves us despite everything, and he knows everything. We don't have to fight for our place in this world, because we have a purpose here and we don't have to fight our way into Heaven, because he did it for us. We have been declared innocent, clean, worthy and wonderfully desirable.

I don't know about you, but I want to live by the Truth, and there is a promise from God that the Truth will set me free. Will you be free with me?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, my beautiful daughter, I am free with you. Praise God forever and ever!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete